Thursday, August 11, 2011

My new headset for playing HoN

This might be out of the topic but I became really competitive nowadays. I bought my very own headset so that it will be easier to play and chat at the same time. I will see how it will improve my game tonight. Anyway here's a picture of my headset ---->

Reasons why I chose this model:

  • It's not that expensive.
  • This behind-the head headset relieves pressure and keepsme comfortable for hours.
  • The flexible, noise-canceling microphone cuts background noise. Very nice when playing HoN
  • You can plug into your sound card via 3.5 mm jacks or connect digitally to any USB port for enhanced audio.
So there you go. If I were you guys, invest in this kind of headset to be better in your game. One of the major advantages of playing HoN is that they have a built in VoIP software. So what the !@#$ is VoIP and why is it important?

VoIP means Voice over Internet Protocol. It is a family of technologies, methodologies, communication protocols, and transmission techniques for the delivery of voice communications and multimedia sessions over Internet Protocol (IP) networks, such as the Internet. Other terms frequently encountered and often used synonymously with VoIP are IP telephony, Internet telephony, voice over broadband (VoBB), broadband telephony, and broadband phone. 

This is very important in playing HoN because it promotes communication between the team. One of the major reasons why we lose sometimes is because the setter thought it was a go but you guys are still far away, or sometimes the timing is not right.

I can remember Arby Jao from team flow during his DotA days communicating to everyone in the team to make sure that everyone is ready or is in there at the right moment. It's a struggle if they're not playing in the same room because he can't talk to his team mates. What more if all of us don't know each other and are just playing online.

I'm also watching Yoda in his live channel and I notice that almost everyone are making use of the voice chat. If you're not still convinced, well just look at their psrs in their match making.

Enjoy guys! GL GF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More