Saturday, July 25, 2009

how to add emoticons like smileys and music notes in facebook status messages/chat

I keep on seeing people posting a line of a song with this music note symbol  ♫.  One of my friends was also posting his status message with a ♥ (which is so gay). It somehow pissed me because I don't know how to do it. I guess I could research it via internet but I was so busy doing my own stuff so I didn't bother doing a quick search.

Something interesting happened today. I was playing with my keyboard while I was typing my status message in facebook. I accidentally typed 1 while holding 'alt' and it gave me this cute smiley ☺. I experimented with a couple of numbers and this is what I got:

Hold ‘alt’ then type 1 – ☺

Hold ‘alt’ then type 2 – ☻

Hold ‘alt’ then type 3 – ♥

Hold ‘alt’ then type 4 – ♦

Hold ‘alt’ then type 5 – ♣

Hold ‘alt’ then type 6 – ♠

Hold ‘alt’ then type 7 – •

Hold ‘alt’ then type 8 – ◘

Hold ‘alt’ then type 9 – ○

Hold ‘alt’ then type 10 – ◙

Hold ‘alt’ then type 11 – ♂

Hold ‘alt’ then type 12 – ♀

Hold ‘alt’ then type 13 – ♪

Hold ‘alt’ then type 14 – ♫

Hold ‘alt’ then type 15 – ☼

Hold ‘alt’ then type 16 – ►

Hold ‘alt’ then type 17 – ◄

Hold ‘alt’ then type 18 – ↕

Hold ‘alt’ then type 19 – ‼

Hold ‘alt’ then type 20 – ¶

Pretty cool huh? Just keep in mind to turn your num lock ON before doing the alt+number thingy.  Let me know if you discovered something too!! :) Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More